Re: Setting NLS_DATE_FORMAT for SQL*PLUS

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:03:38 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Burkhard Schultheis <bschultheis_at_tde.ra.eunet.de> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:03:10 +0200, you wrote:

>Burkhard Schultheis schrieb:
>
>> I tried to set NLS_DATE_FORMAT in my login.sql file. I added a line
>> alter session set nls_date_format = 'YYYY-MM-DD-HH24.MI.SS'
>> but it does'nt work. The same command does work interactively in
>> SQL*PLUS.
>> What should I do instead?
>> Burkhard Schultheis
>> Tele Data Electronic
>
>I tried this under DEC Unix. If I start SQL*PLUS in my home directory
>(there is login.sql) it works. But what to do with starting from an
>arbitrary directory?

Set the environment variable SQLPATH to be your home directory. SQLPlus will look in the current directory for the login.sql and then in the directory specified in the SQLPATH variable.

You might want to create a 'sql' directory and put the login.sql there. SQLPlus will find files in that directory when you '_at_' them as well -- put frequently used scripts in your ~/sql directory and you'll be able to run them from any other directory....

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jun 30 1998 - 18:03:38 CEST

Original text of this message