SQL*Loader and Sequencing multiple tables

From: <mcall_at_signalnet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:44:56 GMT

[Quoted] This problem relates to SQL*Loader and sequencing in multiple tables.

[Quoted] I have a 400 byte input file I am trying to load into Oracle. The majority of the data will be placed in table 1 creating a sequence(max, 1). The second table should have the same sequence number from table 1 as a reference. (Primary key in table 1, foreign key in table 2).

[Quoted] I have tried this with the 'field sequence(max, 1)' and 'field sequence(max, 0)' to no avail. The documentation stipulates that this is a common practice which I am very well aware, but shows no examples of how this is handled. We are running out of alternatives in that dealing with the sub-table(s) might have to lose the reference of the sequence number from the parent table, however, this to me is not good database design.