Re: Generating large size reports with Reports 2.5

From: Ric McCue <rmccue_at_kc.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 21:39:46 -0500

YKen wrote:

> Have anyone encountered the problem when generating large size reports with
> Reports 2.5 on a normal PCs with average memory capacity (32-64M), the PC's
> resource seems to be used up and hardly any other task can be performed. I
> wonder if there is any method of putting the workload back to the server, is
> there any suggestion ? Thanks
>
> Regards,
> Ken

We've have the same problem at my client site (NT clients against AIX servers). One thing we are looking into is instead of calling the report from the form, call a user_exit which in turn makes a RPC call to [Quoted] the server. After the server is done with the report it is sent back to the client either using email or FTP. If there is another way to do this, I'm definitely interested. in hearing it.

Ric Received on Sun Jun 28 1998 - 04:39:46 CEST

Original text of this message