Re: Oracle on Windows NT crashes with a DrWatson error

From: Michael Peponis <peponmc_at_concentric.net>
Date: 25 Jun 1998 17:53:00 EDT

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:34:41 +0100, "Andy Marcelo" <amarcelo_at_hydro.on.ca> wrote:

>We are running Oracle 7.3.3.5.2 on Windows NT 4.
>
>From time to time a <sid>CORE.log file is generated in the
>C:\ORANT\rdbms73\trace directory. After 10-15 minutes a DrWatson error comes
>up and shuts down the database, instance and the service.
>
>After you restart the service and instance, everything looks fine. The
><sid>ALERT.log has no errors.
>
>Any help is appreciated!
>
>Andy Marcelo

This looks like a NT TCP/IP problem at first glance, have you applied Service Patch 3?

Even if you have, apply it again, there may be some corruption by the looks of the trace.

Also, this may be caused by a hardware problem, first place to look, do a check disk on the volumes in question. Received on Thu Jun 25 1998 - 23:53:00 CEST

Original text of this message