AP-01516 error

From: Dennis M. Hancy <dw724_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 8 Jun 1998 19:26:15 GMT

I am trying to set up Oracle Apps to log into a new instance of my database. In the past I have changed two files to make this work. The first is C:\ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA, which contains the instance name and server name from the SQL Easy Configurator. Secondly, I changed the line that reads "LOCAL=" in the file c:\ORAWIN\ORACLE.INI.

In the past, this has worked like a champ. Today, when I launch Oracle Apps, I get the error message:

APP-01516: Invalid application username, password, or database.

Username: APPLSYSPUB
Password: PUB
Database: wesrd005.essc.etn.com

Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is? Or how to remedy it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Dennis Hancy
Eaton Corporation Received on Mon Jun 08 1998 - 21:26:15 CEST

Original text of this message