RAISE_EXCEPTION message customization ?

From: Boaz <boazz_at_wis.weitzmann.ac.il>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 14:58:49 +0300

I wonder if it is possible to cusomize the shape of user messages while using RAISE_EXCEPTION function in PL/SQL. The project is in Oracle Application HR and the version of the database is Oracle 8. We tried to add some new data verification functionality to the application by using database triggers, but the messages to the user are unbearably awkward: after having a message that something wrong happened, the user presses HISTORY button and gets all possible codes and unfriendly system informaton.
Is it possible to override it? Received on Sun Jun 07 1998 - 13:58:49 CEST

Original text of this message