NCA configuration questions

From: (wrong string) ädter <staedter_at_mail.boku.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 12:38:45 +0200

Hello everybody,

I am asking for advice on a enterprise-wide configuration issue.

current situation

1 hpUX workstation running hpUX 10.20 and
- Oracle Server Rel. 7.3.3
  • Oracle WebServer 2.0.3 The Web server connects to the database on the same machine and executes stored PL/SQL packages.

various Windows 95/NT clients running
- Developer/2000 runtime 1.3.2, connecting to above database
  via SQL*Net V2
- Web Browsers, connecting to above Oracle WebServer

goal

additional Workstation (hpUX or Windows NT or NetWare - no other options
here) running Application Server 3.0x or 4.0.

The Application Server should
- provide to the users over the Web:

  • the currently used Developer/2000 Forms and Reports
  • the stored PL/SQL applications presently provided by the WebServer 2.0.3
    - connect to the 7.3.3 instance on the hpUX 10.20 workstation.

Issues to which I would appreciate any advice: 1. What kind of OS should be used for the new machine with the

   Application Server? As I see things, this depends strongly    on the avaliability of needed software.

2. Which version of the Application Server should I use?

3. Which cartridges will I need in addition to the Application

   Server?

  • Developer/2000 cartridge (if there is such a thing) - which version?
  • PL/SQL cartridge?

Thanks so much for any advice.

  • Robert Staedter University of Agricultural Sciences Vienna, Austria