Forms 5.0 - How to load data from MS Excel

From: Adrian Klingel <klingela_at_nt.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 13:23:49 -0500

[Quoted] The only documentation I've seen on this is how to invoke it and exchange a couple of values.

Do I have to insert something at design time, or do I just create an empty OLE container?

Do I have to create something at runtime?

I've got a button which calls GET_FILE_NAME, so the user can choose an Excel file. Now how do I put that file into the OLE container?

What if I want to store the file in the database? I know it goes in a LONG RAW field, but how the hell do I get it there?

I've been SEARCHING for ANY documentation on how to do this stuff for months. Please, will anybody out there help?

Adrian Klingel Received on Wed Jun 03 1998 - 20:23:49 CEST

Original text of this message