Re: LOOOONG delay for connect

From: Kevin Loney <Kevin.Loney_at_astramerck.com>
Date: 1998/06/02

[Quoted] Check to see if your database has Oracle Trace enabled - this is a known cause of slow login times. Look in the otrace/admin directory. If there are large (>5 MB) .dat files there, then trace is enabled and is slowing you down (it's enabled by default on many Unix systems). To disable it for SQL*Net connections, you need to add an environment variable to your listener.ora files.