Re: forms problem

From: Sarah Yaksich <sarah_yaksich_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 23:29:22 GMT

If you are going to programatically execute a query using particaular values in some of the fields on the form, it is done in the following manner.

The current block needs to be the block you are going to perform the query on. To execute the query with the values you want, you need to update the default_where property for the block. After you have performed the query, you will need to set the default where property back to what it was.

Following is some example code.

    go_block('block_name');

    tmp_where := get_block_property('block_name',default_where);

     set_block_property('block_name',default_where,'where clause for query');

    execute_query;

    set_block_property('block_name',default_where,tmp_where);

Hope this helps,

Sarah