Reports 2.5 via the web ... need help with env vars on Solaris 2.5

From: Dawn Myfanwy Cohen <dcohen_at_aramis.rutgers.edu>
Date: 1998/05/26

We are trying to deploy Forms 4.5/Reports 2.5 via the web, and are experiencing a variety of nightmares which seem to have to do with the settings of various environment variables.

We are running Developer/2000 server on a Solaris 2.5 machine. We are using an Oracle Web Application Server (3.0) but this is probably irrelevant, as we are using a static html file to deploy the forms. Distinct unix users own (1) the web listener; (2) the forms and reports listeners; (3) the fmx and rdf files.

Forms seems to be working just fine.

Reports is the problem...we can't seem to get all the environment variables set right, for the right user.

We have configured the web listener to recognize /web_html/ and /web_tmp/ as being directories owned by the fmx owning user. We have made sure that the web listener owner has write privileges for these directories. We have set REPORTS25_TMP to the same directory as /web_tmp/ and REPORTS25_WEBLOC, REPORTS25_WEBLOC_TRANSLATED and REPORTS25_PATh similarly. We have set these variables both for the web listener user and the Forms/Reports listener users. Despite all of these, mysteriously, the Reports generated files appear in a directory owned by the Forms listener user. More precisely, it seems to be appearing in $ORACLE_HOME/forms45 (though, I think I have found it popping up in other places, as well).

It seems to me somebody's environment variable is not being set right, and some wierd default is being used. My problem is that I can't figure out which user is involved, and which variable it might be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! Received on Tue May 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message