Forms 4.5 - Move to a record

From: Giovanni Catemario <MC0416_at_MCLINK.IT>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 17:40:45 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] i'am using Forms 4.5

i have a form with one master block (name,surname,id etc.) and a detail block. I also have on my form a toolbarwith buttons to move next record o prev record.

When i open the form the first time all the record are selected so i can move next and prev record using the toolbar on the form. Let's say that the record are ordered alphabetically.

The problem is that my customer have to insert, every month, a lot of record in the detail block. He start from A (in the master block) insert record in the detail block, then next record (in the master block) ... and so on.

What the customer want is to move directly to record (let say 'SMITH') without perform a query, so they can press the next record key (or prev record) on the toollbar and go to the next record ... and so on.

I was not able to find any way to go to a certain record inside a query so i can use previous_record and next_record to scroll the table up and down.

Any suggestion ??

By

Giovanni Catemario (Rome, Italy) Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 19:40:45 CEST

Original text of this message