Re: dev2k & menus

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 16:50:01 +0100

Mindaugas Vieraitis wrote:

> I have this problem:
>
> I attached menu to form (I wrote the name of .mmx (let say it was
> 'avia.mmx') file in the Menu Module property of form, then I generated
> menu module and form module). .mmx and .fmx files were in the same
> directory.
> Everything was fine until I run the form. I got the following messages:
>
> FRM-10221 Cannot read file avia..
> FRM-41810 Error creating menu.
>
> The file avia.mmx was used by no program.
> The interesting fact is that when I generated demos I had no problems. I
> even did this: I copied demos menu's (.mmb) to my working directory and
> entered the names of these menus in my own form's Menu Module property.
> Everything was fine.
>
> So, has anybody an idea, what I've done wrong with my own menus?

The part with the demo menu (.mmb) looks a bit strange, cause normallythe runtime can only use compiled .mmx menus. Check zhe following:
- Are the .mmx and .fmx in the same directory? - If you start the .fmx via a link the working directory must be set properly.
- Is the forms property set in the right way (Menu Source must be set to

   File)

If all these things go wrong just do the following: Take the demo-menu (if it works fine) and replace the contents with your menu. Recompile the stuff and it should work.

Marcel Received on Mon May 25 1998 - 17:50:01 CEST

Original text of this message