Re: OO4O and Delphi 3

From: Richard Willemsen <rwillems_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1998/05/18

Hi All,

I've already found the problem (thanks Tim). It should be:

   fOraSession := CreateOLEObject('OracleInProcServer.XOraSession');    fOraDatabase := fOraSession.OpenDatabase[fHost, fUserID + '/' + fPassword, 0];

Instead of

   fOraSession := CreateOLEObject('OracleInProcServer.XOraSession');    fOraDatabase := fOraSession.OpenDatabase(fHost, fUserID + '/' + fPassword, 0);

OpenDatabase has to be called as a property not as a method.

grtnx,
Richard

On Sat, 16 May 1998 23:31:14 GMT, rwillems_at_xs4all.nl (Richard Willemsen) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I'm trying to use OO4O in Delphi 3 and I just can not figure out why this
>is not working:
>
>fOraSession := CreateOLEObject('OracleInProcServer.XOraSession');
>fOraDatabase :=
> fOraSession.OpenDatabase(fHost, fUserID + '/' + fPassword, 0);
>
>fOraSession and fOraDatabase are declared as variant and fHost, fUserID and
>fPassword are declared as string.
>
>When executing this I get a EOleSysError exeption with the message 'Member
>not found'. I tested this using Access97 (in a prototype) and it was
>working fine.
>
>Did anybody ever experienced this problem and found a solution for it?
>
>grtnx,
>Richard
>

>-----
>Real programmers don't comment their code.
>It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
>-----
>Richard Willemsen
>http://www.xs4all.nl/~rwillems/

Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

Richard Willemsen
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rwillems/ Received on Mon May 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message