TNSNAMES.ORA modification by Install Program

From: Sheila MacEvoy <Sheila_MacEvoy_at_customer-insight.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 11:19:02 -0600

Howdy.
I am developing a installation program for our Oracle Application software.

I need to modify the users client TNSNAMES.ORA file to connect up to the database specified or find some other global way of having the clients able to access the database. Is there an easy way to do this from inside an install program (Installsheild 5.1), such as a command line utility that will allow me to add a database section?

I am also interested in configuring the clients to access these databases through a central names server, so I do not need to modify any of the clients. Any suggestions to where I can find information/ details on this setup is appreciated.

Thanks.
Sheila MacEvoy
Software Engineer
Customer Insight Company

PS. Please email me a copy of any resposes: Sheila_MacEvoy_at_customer-insight.com Thanks. Received on Mon May 18 1998 - 19:19:02 CEST

Original text of this message