Forms 5.0 and MAPI

From: Ho Kah Fong <ccehokf_at_nus.edu.sg>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:47:37 +0800

It looks familiar to me. One of the Active Messaging v1.1 (now called Collaboration Data Objects from v1.2 onwards) DLL, OLEMSG32.DLL is upgraded in the Exchange Client 5.0 Service Pack 1. You will encounter the problem of no-name attachment if you have applied the service pack. Microsoft support suggested using coding in Visual Basic to see if the problem can be reproduced. Alas, I have got other priorities and the applications are already in production mode, so I did not check the VB thing but had implemented a workaround instead. My workaround is to store the old OLEMSG32.DLL on a file server, run regedit /s i:\orawin95\dll\olemsg32.dll to set it to use the old DLL before the Forms application sends out emails and before exiting from the application, run regedit /s c:\windows\system\olemsg32.dll to set it back to use the new DLL. Maybe you can try the VB thing and let us know the outcome.

Ho Kah Fong
Systems Analyst
Computer Centre
National University of Singapore