Re: HELP: Designer/2000 Default Values???

From: Marcel Claus <Marcel.Claus_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 16:42:30 +0100

An Nguyen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Designer/2000 a default value has a limit of 40 characters. I was
> wondering if anyone would know how to get around this i.e. the default
> values needs to be > 40.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> -An
> --------------------------
> An Nguyen
> MIM Holdings Ltd
> Email: ann_at_qld.mim.com.au
> Phone: +617 3833 8389
> Fax: +617 3833 8035

Use a pre-text-item trigger, checking wether the field is or not and copy something in the field if it contains nothing:

IF :the_tab.the_col IS NULL THEN
  :the_tab.the_col := 'A very long text with more than 40 characters will be assigned here when the user enters the field'; END IF; Marcel Received on Thu May 14 1998 - 17:42:30 CEST

Original text of this message