Source code for Drop column package availability

From: <jtesta_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/05/13

[Quoted] As I promised months ago(well my part didnt work out, i didnt get my article published) but I'll keep my end of the deal, after I return from IOUG-A Live in Orlando, i'll make available on my web site, the source code for the drop column package. It is the source code for version 1,(i am working version 2), it is not very modularized(as i threw it together rather quickly), but grab it, pirate it, use it to your heart's content, make money from it if you want.

[Quoted] I have been informed by someone in the know, that with 8.1.X or Oracle, the alter table <tablename> drop column <column_name> will FINALLY exist, so that will make my package obsolete anyways(at least for those daring people willing to upgrade quickly. For those of you who don't my package will be available on the web page for a while into the future.

[Quoted] Thanx to all of those who alpha/beta tested it, and I hope to have a new version to convert long -> clob and raw long -> blob real soon.

joe
http://www.oracle-dba.com