Re: ??? Executing a Unix command from PL/SQL

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/05/12

[Quoted] A copy of this was sent to "ak" <ak_at_x.y> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 12 May 1998 16:56:52 +1000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to execute a Unix command DIRECTLY from an Oracle8 stored
>procedure? I've looked through the mans, and the closest I get is an
>example of DBMS_PIPE use, where the stored procedure uses DBMS_PIPE to call
>an ever-running Pro*C process, which then runs the system command. But is
>there a more direct/straightforward solution?
>
>Thanx
>
>-ak

[Quoted] [Quoted] See chapter 10 in the PL/SQL manual. Its about External Procedures which let [Quoted] [Quoted] you call C from PL/SQL directly. Basically, you'll create a .dll on NT or .so [Quoted] [Quoted] on Unix and then you'll be able to call the functions/procedures in that after you map them to pl/sql.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

[Quoted] Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation

[Quoted] Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message