Re: Web Stuff ....

From: Harvey Mark <IMCEAMS-EARTH_PO1_msmrh>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 14:06:40 +0100

        As far I can tell, you'll need to brush up on Oracle's Web Application server or

        if you are using a different Web Server, the Oracle Web Broker Request product. You will

        also need Developer 2000 Server version in order to get all the required Listener

        programs - might be included for forms 4.5. Also, I've heard that you need a version

        of the RDBMS after 7.3.3 if you plan to have the RDBMS on the same ORACLE_HOME

        as the Web Server/ Broker Request. Also make sure that your browser version is up to it ( IE 4.0 or

        Netscape with a plug in ). It all sounds a bit of a configuration nightmare but people are

        doing it as can be seen from related newsgroup mail.

        I would recommend as a start making sure you know exactly what versions of all the

        products you need, then its a matter of installing web server, configuring and creating

        your forms application cartridges, installing the extra DEV 2000 components.

        As I'm in the process of doing it myself I'm not a very good reference but this is what I've found

        out over the past day or so.

                Mark Harvey.