Re: Security Timer?

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 18:15:21 +0800

Igor Espiau wrote:

> I want to introduce an inactivity timeout for a multiform Forms4.5
> application.
> This will cause the user to be logged out from the application if he
> does not perform a keyboard press or mouse event.
> I must point out that I already have a timer declared in a library which is attached to
> all forms and is used to check for alerts from the database. This timer
> runs every 30 secs.
>
> Thanks for your time
> Igor

One possible way:

When-Timer-Expired (30sec)

if :global.inactive = 'Y' then

   :global.inactive_count := to_number(:global.inactive_count) + 1; else

   :global.inactive := 'Y';
   global.inactive_count := '0';
end if;
if global.inactive_count > 10 (or whatever) then

   exit_form(no_validate);
end if;

On all other user activated triggers

:global.inactive := 'N';
Connor McDonald
BHP Information Technology
Perth, Western Australia
"These views mine not BHP..etc etc"

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad."