RE: Harold Gray

From: (wrong string) ínio <Conceicao.Sousa_at_atm.mailcom.pt>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 10:57:25 +0100

Harold Gray wrote:

> The company name column is not a primary key but it has a unique index
> created for it.
> There shouldn't be any duplicates in the name column of company table.
>
> -Harold
>
> Ricardo Patrocínio wrote:
>
> > Is the name field the primary_key, if not are you shure you only have
> > one company named 'companyname'?

If the company_id is the prymary_key of the table msi.location and alredy exist a record with the company_id equal to the id of the msi.company table that maches the query condition than you can not make an insert, istead you have to make an Update.

If it isn't the problem, and i am being to obvious, than try to give me more detais, like the Table Structure and is constraints.

R.P. Received on Thu May 07 1998 - 11:57:25 CEST

Original text of this message