Discoverer 3.0 - Query based on two folders, Bad summing items from master folder

From: Jan Januska <J.Januska_at_sh.cvut.cz>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 09:06:09 +0200

Good noon!
I have principial problem with creating Query for Discoverer 3.0.8 Imagine this situation, please:
There are two folders defined in EUL
Name of folder Items that folder contain
Projekt            PROJNR, CUSTOMER, KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2
Serie              PROJNR, SERIENR

Between these folder is defined the Join (Projekt is master, Serie is detail).

Now I create Query in User edition, that contains PROJNR, CUSTOMER, KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2 from Projekt folder. I add grouping by CUSTOMER and partial SUM of KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2 per CUSTOMER.

Now I want to this Query add item SERIENR from Serie folder (only for information purpose), but this caused multiplication (due multiple SERIENR per PROJNR) of items KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2 and bad Summing these items per item CUSTOMER.

I try remove multiplication by adding grouping of item KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2, but SUM(KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2) is still the same.

There is some (regular?) method how get SUM(KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2) per CUSTOMER including only once KOSTEN1, KOSTEN2 per PROJNR. For example are necessary some changes in EUL? Or direct in User Edition?

        Thank You, Jan Januska Received on Thu May 07 1998 - 09:06:09 CEST

Original text of this message