Re: UTL_FILE package not visible in Procedure Builder

From: Patrick Ryan <pat_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 7 May 1998 00:06:16 GMT

Procedure Builder supports a much lower version of PL/SQL than is required by UTL_FILE. Builder only supports version 1.1, or some such.

Terenzio (Datasyst) (mailds_at_tin.it) wrote:
: I have to develop a procedure with Procedure Builder and I have to define and use a variable:
: pippo UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
:
: I'm connected as Scott/Tiger.
: When I Compile my procedure (or only the above specification) I obtain the compile Error FILE_TYPE
: is not declared.
:
: How can I see UTL_FILE from my procedure??
: I tried to write:
:
: pippo SYS.UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
:
: but I obtain the message of redefinition of package!!
:
: Probably is a very little problem to solve, but I'm not able to do it!!!
: Help!!!
:
: Thanks
: Franco