Email of bitmap reports from reports 2.5

From: <fishst_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 17:33:22 -0600

Has anyone had succes with emailing and printing bitmap reports from reports 2.5 on a Windows platform.

According to the documentation it is supposed to mail bitmap reports as encapsulated postscript, however, the format it sends seem to depend on your default printer driver. When it sends PCL format it can be printed by exporting the attachment and copying the file to the printer from the DOS prompt. This is not desirable - it would be best if there was a way to print directly from the mail client. When Reports 2.5 does send postscript all I seem to get is a blank page thougth I can get it to successfully output postscript to a file.

I have been testing with Reports 2.5 from Release 1.6 and Release 2.0 of Developer 2000.

Thanks

Steve.