Automate your Forms 3 to Y2k Compliance

From: Biff Steel <bsteele_at_hillbilly.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 13:35:22 GMT

As part of a project to convert a client's forms 3 forms to support the year 2000 we have developed an automated process to convert your forms. It will implement the code to allow users to enter and query dates such that they will always be saved to the database as the year closest to the year 2000 (1950 - 2050). The program will NOT fully convert your forms. If you have some types of date math and date comparisons in PL/SQL code in triggers, this program will not convert the code. We can however identify suspect code and show you how to convert it.

We have decided to sell this service at prices well below what it would take to have a programmer do the work manually. And since we have tested it on over 400 forms in an > 100 million dollar / yr manufacturing plant with full accounting applications, we have found a number of subtle issues that you won't easily find and these issues are not covered in the Oracle white paper available on their web-site.

If you are interested in automating your conversion of forms 3 to Y2K compliance. Contact me at jmoran_at_baraboo.com. Received on Tue May 05 1998 - 15:35:22 CEST

Original text of this message