Re: table creation scripts?

From: jmw42969 <jmw42969_at_glaxowellcome.com>
Date: 1998/04/30

Peter Chan <chanp_at_nortel.ca> wrote in article <354633C2.1DE4_at_nortel.ca>...

> I was wondering if there is a tool out there that could help recreate
> table creation scripts.

[Quoted] Sql Nagivuesser is $800 per seat with an additional $200 (or is it $300 now? they keep raising the prices). It has the same horrible interface that many database tools have and one which does NOT fit database navigation.

Sql Station from Platinum must be over $3,000 (yes, 3 zeros) because I just read that someone was quoted a price of $6,500 for two seats with maintenance.

TOAD (The Tool for Oracle Application Developers) is free. Support is overnight - I know!. Maintenance is free and also seems to be over night.  It has a simple, concise, and usable interface that every other Oracle tool should mimic.

I once spent two hours with Sql Station and couldn't get a single screen to do anything I wanted. Quote probably the worst program every written. Sql Naviguesser would be usable if they threw out the drill-down hierachies and halved the price. Sql Station was about 30mg to download. Sql Naviguesser is smaller but you can't use the evaluation version until a salesman (aha, the catch!) emails you a license. TOAD is free to download, small to download, and you'll be up and running within minutes. And no salesman will ever hound you to make a purchase.

Nuff said. Received on Thu Apr 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message