Re: Python and Oracle

From: Samuel L. Bayer <sam_at_linus.mitre.org>
Date: 1998/04/28

In article <3546463D.576AD130_at_boeing.com>, "Howard S. Modell" <howard.s.modell_at_boeing.com> writes:

|>[...]

|> here's a small sample from the start of the "unresolved's list":
|> $ make oracledb
|> cc oracledb.o -o oracledb
|> Undefined first referenced
|> symbol in file
|> PySequence_GetItem oracledb.o
|> ologof oracledb.o
|> Py_InitModule4 oracledb.o
|> PyString_FromStringAndSize oracledb.o
|> PyObject_Length oracledb.o
|> dbiMakeRaw oracledb.o
|> Py_FindMethod oracledb.o
|> PyString_FromString oracledb.o
|> PyType_Type oracledb.o
|> oopen oracledb.o
|> PyLong_FromString oracledb.o
|> Py_BuildValue oracledb.o
|> PyString_AsString oracledb.o
|> orol oracledb.o

Notice that there are undefined Oracle functions here too. Your compile command isn't linking in the relevant libraries. I've never compiled the Oracle module, nor have I looked at the instructions, but if you're going to create a standalone executable, you're going to need to link in the Python and Oracle libraries. If you're intending to build a dynamic module to load, as opposed to a standalone executable, there's something very wrong with your Makefile.

Cheers,
Sam Bayer Received on Tue Apr 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message