Re: Printing BarCodes from Oracle Reports

From: <brendan_o'brien_at_wrightexpress.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 08:19:23 -0600

Can't answer your question re Oracle Reports, but...

Don't know if you want to make the investment or not, but SQR (production reporting tool by Sqribe Technologies) comes out of the box with bar-coding facility. It's also a very robust and powerful production reporting tool and easily generates output in PCL, PostScript, ascii text, text w/embedded HTML, etc. Its scripting language is easy to pick-up if you already know PL/SQL, and can actually be substituted for PL/SQL procedures in many cases because it can perform any DML or DDL command (unlike most reporting tools that can only read from the RDBMS). It also surpasses PL/SQL and SQL*Loader in it's flat-file/disk I/O functions (in terms of configurability - not necessarily in terms of speed). Check it out.

http://www.sqribe.com/

-Brendan