Re: Designer 2000 - Webserver - PL/SQL

From: Guy Starbuck <guy.starbuck_at_syllogistics.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:56:04 GMT

Well, we don't use Designer 2000, but I do know that with htp.anchor you can pass parameters in HTML style, with the '?' and '&' delimiters. Example code:

htp.p('The ' || htf.anchor(l_connect_path ||

      '/sh_w_user.password_maint_screen?p_user_id=' ||
      l_user__id || '&' || 'p_role=' ||
      l_role, 'password maintenance') ||
      ' screen can be used to update user password information.');

p_user_id and p_role are the two parameters.

Note that the '&' used between parameters must be concatenated SEPARATELY in its own set of single quotes. Otherwise, the PL/SQL compiler thinks it is a variable.

Another note: there is a limitation in most browsers that parameters passed this way cannot have spaces in them. Only IE4 supports spaces in URL parameters, as far as we have found. If you need to pass a string with spaces as a parameter, you are better off using a <FORM>.

I hope this answers your question.

Guy Starbuck
guy.starbuck_at_syllogistics.com