Forms 4.5 - Check the presence of a field

From: Darren Palmer <D.R.Palmer_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1998/04/17

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] picture the scene, I have a form with various fields on it base and non-base table items.

 When the user attempts to commit the form I want the application to check the presence of some fields (dependant on values entered). If a certain field has not been entered then I want the cursor to move to the field and an error raised.

I could put these checks in the When Validate Record trigger but restricted built-ins cannot be called from this trigger.

Any suggestions (which don't use the when timer expired trigger)

[Quoted] Thanks in advance

dazzler_at_btinternet.com

Darren Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message