Re: Questions regarding oracle based/Forms based web applications

From: Hans Duijn <hans_duijn_at_inventive.nl>
Date: 1998/04/17

Good questions. As far as I know, and heard from Oracle people (a few months ago), isn't there a way to run the applet within the browser. My problem is that when another page (then the one that started the applet) is selected in the browser, the applet completely dies. Oracle therefore says that the appletviewer is the only certified way to use the applet-forms!!! I don't think that this should be the way. An alternative is to write your own applets in combination with JDBC. This also excludes a lot of overhead that the applet-runtime introduces and therefore will perform better. As I said before, this is older information. If there's an possibility to run the forms in the browser now, please let me know.

Succes... Received on Fri Apr 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message