Re: PeopleSoft Opinion?

From: <joseph_testa_at_aep.com>
Date: 1998/04/16

In article <3535fcc8.6066229_at_news.digital.net>,   chuckie_at_digital.net (Chuck) wrote:

> Looking for opinions on PeopleSoft Distribution and PeopleSoft 7 using
> Oracle DBMS. Especially interested in PeopleSoft customer support
> (excellent, poor, etc.) and minimum/optimum hardware requirements for
> client workstations.

As an oracle DBA who is used to application software that uses the DB capabilities, I personally HATE peoplesoft for not using R/I or anything oracle specific.

I understand why they did it(so the app will run against a multitude of different db) but I just dont care for it.

> Also, can't seem to find any non-password protected support areas
> on the PeopleSoft web site .... Anyone know how to navigate there?

I am not sure you will find any. Peoplesoft's stand is this, non-disclosure for any/all of their products and how they work.

joe
http://www.oracle-dba.com