Checking success of an EXE

From: Iain O'Cain <ec_at_kira.intranet.org>
Date: 1998/04/16

I'm writing a small program to be called by an ORACLE Forms application, where my program will just scan a page to a location dictated by the Forms app. Then I'll return success/failure. Can someone tell me, so I can pass it on to the Forms developer: How do you check the success of an EXE invoked by the HOST command? Is there a way to handle the error if the EXE turns out not to exist?

We've considered trying to use DDE just because it seems to be a bit more robust, but really all we need is for my program to return success or failure!

Thanks for any pointers. I'll be glad to summarize, especially if there are multiple ways to approach this.

  • Iain
--
Iain O'Cain <ec_at_intranet.org>    - IO10 -     http://home.intranet.org/~ec/