Re: MS SQLServer with Developer2000 - Anybody using both?

From: Michael Krolewski <vandra_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 1998/04/16

I am aware that Oracle has other OpenConnect products to connect an Oracle server to
other servers (read SQLServer, DB2, etc). The Developer2000 talks to the Oracle server
who connects to the other database(s) via a database link.

Major problem: generally extremely pricy. I recall getting on to connect an NT 4.0 server to a
another database for $12,000.00. I believe it was SQLServer though I could be wrong.

Mike Krolewski