Forms4.5: Multi-Record Block

From: Samatha Reddy <pmuppidi_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/04/15

Hello,

[Quoted] We have a master-detail form, the master block is purchase_orders block and [Quoted] multi-record detail block is purchase_order_lines block. This mutli-record [Quoted] detail block has ship-to column, we want to enforce single ship-to per each [Quoted] purchase order. i.e. all the records in the detail block should have similar [Quoted] ship-to. Also user should be allowed to change the ship-to on any record. Note: there no ship-to field on the master block.

In this multi-record block, if user changes the ship-to location in any row, [Quoted] the form should changed the ship-to location in all remaining records to reflect this new value.

This involves using restricted built-ins(go_record, first_record, last_record etc) from when-validate-item trigger. Since forms 4.5 doesn't allow this. I did a work around by creating a timer and doing this syncronization from when-timer-expired trigger. By doing this way, the performace is little slow and also oracle doesn't encourage using timers for this purpose.

I was wondering is there any other way I can change item values for all records in multi-record block if any one records' item value changes?

Thanks in advance,

Pavan Received on Wed Apr 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message