Developer/2000 Message Built-in

From: Mark Cudmore <mcudmore_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 1998/04/06

[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to show the user a message that must be acknowledged in Forms 4.5. I am using the following code.

MESSAGE(error_text, ACKNOWLEDGE);

However, the user does not have to acknowledge this error message, although it says in my manual here that the ACKNOWLEDGE option should display a modal alert that the user must acknowledge. Instead my message just appears on the message line on the bottom of my screen.

I could duplicate the behaviour I want with alerts but, I would rather just use the message built in for simplicity!!

Help me!, Mark

--
Mark Cudmore
email: mcudmore_at_kamloops.env.gov.bc.ca.nospam