MUTIPLE CURSORS IN PL/SQL

From: Jaz <jgrenier_at_synapse.net>
Date: 1998/04/03

[Quoted] I have a procedure with a cursor that retrieves data from multiple tables. Some of these tables have over 100,000 records and there are many restrictions used in the WHERE clause. The final result of this procedure is creating a delimited file on the server by using the UTL_FILE package.

 In all, it was taking close to 2 hours to run this procedure, the problem being with the cursor. I need to optimize this procedure and I am told it is possible to create a hierarchy of cursors but I don`t have a clue how to do this.

 I am using For (record) in (cursor) LOOP in creating the flat file.

I would be greatful for any help or suggestions you may have.

Thanks,

Jaz Received on Fri Apr 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message