Re: Web-based App - Best Approach?

From: Marty Manix <manixm_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/31

I am using Dev2K 2.0 with Oracle 8.03 on Windows NT 4.0. We are required to use a web browser as the user interface. Oracle requires that you use Oracle Webserver and Netscape 4.04 with the JDK patch. Still, they will only give you support if you are using the Applet viewer to debug problems.

I am finding the Oracle Forms Client Java Applet to be still fairly immature, especially when using embedded Oracle graphics, etc.

Still, I think a little more use and lots of phone calls from us developers will push Oracle to get this technology in place.

Marty