Forms 4.5 question - input of negative numbers from keypad

From: Chris Hughes <chris.hughes_at_gsc.gte.com>
Date: 1998/03/25

Hello:

I have created a form that has a field for the user to input numeric values that can be either positive or negative. I have noticed that when I attempt to input a negative number from the numeric keypad on the keyboard, the form will not accept any numbers after the negative sign (-) is entered. This does not happen when I use the numbers and negative sign (-) found above the alphabetic part of the keyboard.

Other information:

	the field format is $9G999G999G999D99MI
	I did remember to turn on the Num Lock!
	I am running Oracle Forms 4.5 in Windows95

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any idea what sort of problem it could be - hardware or software? Could this be related to the fact that older versions of Oracle Forms used the numeric keypad for functions(PF1-PF4)?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Chris

"The views expressed are the author's and do not necessarily reflect the official position of GTE or any of its subsidiaries" Received on Wed Mar 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message