PL/SQL Table in Forms 5.0

From: Sheila Thackray <thackray.sheila.sj_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1998/03/20

Currently using Forms 5.0.5.4.0

                       PL/SQL v2.3.4.0.0

I am developing a solution that involves loading some rows from a database table into a PL/SQL table in Oracle Forms. I then want to pass this PL/SQL table from one program unit to another and from one form to another within the runtime session.

I can see how you can delcare a PL/SQL table in a packaged procedure and be able to pass that table as a parameter. My question is what is the syntax to be able to pass a table as a parameter in a forms program unit? Where do I declare the PL/SQL table so that I can include it in the parameter list? Or is there a datatype that can be used in the parameter list to declare the parameter?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Sheila Thackray
B BHP Information Technology
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Telephone: +61 3 9609 2109
Fax: +61 3 9609 2276
Email: thackray.sheila.sj_at_bhp.com.au Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message