Re: Oracle newbie needs help with creating an Intranet App !

From: Dave <dhieber_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: 1998/03/05

Simple problem,

  1. Create the tables in Oracle using the specs you have in access
  2. Get the Oracle ODBC Driver
  3. Create an ODBC source to the Oracle Database
  4. Open your access database and then rename your tables slightly. (Place an _ on them somewhere...)
  5. Link to the external tables in Oracle (The rename in #4 prevents like table names)
  6. Select all the data in your Access Tables and just Drag - n - Drop to the Oracle tables!
  7. DATA MIGRATED!