Re: Importing info from Excel?

From: Adrian G. Klingel <klingela_at_nospam.nt.com>
Date: 1998/02/28

Alex,

     There is a way if you are using Oracle Forms, which I suspect you are if you are also using Oracle Forms. Try using the OLE2 built-in. Using in-place activation, you can directly address the cells in Excel within your Oracle form, and store the values in variables, which you can then use to commit the data to your Oracle database. Send me back an e-mail at this address and I'll send you a paper on how to use the package when I'm back in the office. Or you can get the paper from Oracle's support website. There's alot of good info there. Hope this helps.

Adrian Klingel
Consultant