Help Needed

From: Penguin <birdy_at_birdlover.com>
Date: 1998/02/26

Hiya

    Well I'm very new in Database design and using Oracle. I am currently using Oracle Form 4.5 to design the interface which access to my database.

    I had actually plan to set a trigger within the form to get the input and checking them aganist the Database which I had some problems and need some advice ugently.

    I had set the following in one of my Block Primary Key (KEY-ENTER) which allows user to enter the task number if the screen is space for TASK is blank.

if (:TASK.TASK_NO is null) then
 Set_Block_Property('TASK',INSERT_ALLOWED,PROPERTY_OFF);  Set_Block_Property('TASK',UPDATE_ALLOWED,PROPERTY_OFF);

After entering these lines of code, I would want the form to be able to get the input from the TASK.TASK_NO and match against my database if the Number exist or not, if yes then I'll just pull the data from the table (which I had created a trigger called GET_TASKDESC) and if not then it allows user to enter as a new record which could inturn updated to the table once commit keys are being pressed.

Please give me advice on how to solve this problems . Thanks in advance.

Peng Received on Thu Feb 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message