Re: Separating Indices from tables

From: Daniel Clamage <dclamageNOSPAM_at_telerama.com>
Date: 1998/02/25

I wrote a package that reverse engineers the DDL scripts for all database objects, by type, for a specified schema. It wasn't too hard to write. When it runs, I spool to a file the create table... create index... alter table (for constraints) ... DDL. Then I can do a text replace on the tablespace name. I can create the DDL for an entire schema, or by object type. It's also a good time to re-compute the storage parameters, and change them, so you can create the tables/indexes with nice big initial extents.

This package (and several other useful items) is on the CD for the upcoming Que Using Oracle Special Edition coming out next month.

  • Dan Clamage -- T'was Brillig, And the slithy toves Did gyre and gimbol in the wabe; All mimsey were the borogroves, And the mome raths outgrabe.
  • Lewis Carroll

Hero R. Post <HERO.POST_at_ORAP.NL> wrote in article <6crcen$t4p22_at_reader1.wxs.nl>...