Re: obtaining the username for form display

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1998/02/25

I use

	SELECT PROC.PID
	      ,PROC.SPID
	      ,PROC.TERMINAL
	      ,PROC.USERNAME
	      ,SES.PROCESS
	  FROM V$PROCESS PROC, V$SESSION SES
	 WHERE SES.AUDSID = TO_NUMBER(USERENV('SESSIONID'))
	   AND SES.TERMINAL = USERENV('TERMINAL')
	   AND PROC.ADDR = SES.PADDR
	/

If you get oracle for username you might need select on the V$% tables

blak (blakpawn_at_netcomuk.co.uk) wrote:
: I'm having problems obtaining the username so that I can display it in
: a text field on my form.
: I have tried using GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(USERNAME), but it gives me
: the error :
: FRM-40735: WHEN-CREATE-RECORD trigger raised unhandled exception
: VALUE_ERROR

: The code I have used is:
: DECLARE
: the_username VARCHAR2;
: BEGIN
: the_username := Get_Application_Property(USERNAME);
: :my_blk.name := the_username;
: END;

: but it doesn't even get as far as assigning the_username to the block
: item.
: Can anyone help? Thanks

--
While DSC may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job),
DSC does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when you