Re: How to print duplex with Reports 2.5 on UNIX

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/21

>SCO UNIX v5.0.2
>Oracle Reports v2.5.5
>
>We've created a bunch of bitmap reports that print just fine one side per
>page on our HP LaserJet 5 printers. The reports have been specified as
>PostScript output. I would like to know how to get them to print duplex.
>There's no option in the report designer to specify this. Did I miss
>something in the list of command line options for r25run?
>
>Printing a report to a file and then issuing "lp -odouble filename" (where
>-odouble is the option that can print other files such as ordinary text
>files duplex) does not work. It still prints them one side per page. I'm
>assuming that when the HP LaserJet starts receiving the PostScript file it
>does some sort of reset that kills the effect of the -odouble line option.
>Anyone got this to work on their UNIX box?
>
>--
>tkupp at pacifier dot com

On my NT workstation, the duplex printing is a function of the Windows print driver. The same Report can be printed simplex or duplex. From that, I would assume there is something in the Unix print driver that is prohibiting/overriding/ignoring any swithc setting you have set.

Dan Received on Sat Feb 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message