Re: Want default database to appear in logon box.

From: Robert Clevenger <robc_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1998/02/18

Beth Powers wrote in message <01bd3be3$459a5880$52b03bc6_at_pmg17.rt66.com>...
>Yes I know, if your "local" parameter is set in your registry, you don't
>have to fill in the "database" when logging in to pick up the correct
>database. But, we want to do this service for our users so there is no
>misunderstanding.
>So, does anyone know how to have that field already filled in when
>connecting with the database?

It depends,

What LOGON box are you talking about???

Intersolv's ODBC driver can be configured to do something similiar to this.

Most Oracle Tools (probably all) won't fill in the default.

Is this an application that YOU could write your own login box and then just pass
the information on the whatever API you happen to be using to talk to Oracle?

I've done this in VB, Java, and C++ (MFC). Its a good way to do it (then you get the look and feel that YOU want...I like that!)

Take Care,

Robert Clevenger Received on Wed Feb 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message