Re: Question - Forms 4.5 Calculated Fields

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/16

>Greetings Group -
>
>I'm new at Forms, and having a few problems. The main one is I have a
>master/detail screen, and I want to add up a column in the detail
>section. I'm at a total loss on how to do this, but I'm sure it's
>simple. Can someone assist?
>
>TIA,
>Troy

One way is to use a Post-query trigger (on the detail), computing the value(s) you want to display. However, the post-query trigger will only fire for the rows it retrieves - which is based on how many you display. If your detail block shows 5 rows, but there are are 30, the post-query on the detail will only know about the 5 rows it retrieved. Another approach would be to put a straight SQL-query in the post-query trigger on the master that computed the values you want.

Hope that gets yoyu started.

Dan Received on Mon Feb 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message