LOV Validation IN ENTER-QUERY MODE

From: Tracey Berukoff <tlberukoff_at_boco.co.gov>
Date: 1998/02/13

I have a form where most access is done by employee id. There is a list of values based on a query group associated with this item. I validate all employee id's against the list.
When the user goes into ENTER-QUERY mode and enters an employee id, I would like to validate that against my list of values (just like it does in NORMAL mode)before they execute the query. I also use the list to populate some control fields (like SSN, hourly rate etc) which I would like to happen in ENTER-QUERY mode. Is this possible or do I just have to validate the employee id myself in a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger, which seems to be one of the few triggers that will fire in ENTER-QUERY mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks, Tracey Received on Fri Feb 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message